2013-10-11

Haunted Halloween dummy!



I will share one of my rougher projects for Halloween in the store;
the making of my very first Halloween dummy - a wicked witch!




I started out by making a cross out of cardboard pipe, then stuffing a trash bag
and securely taping it on top. To make the shoulders I cut away a segment
of the smaller piece of cardboard pipe, to fit it around the vertical piece.

I tried on the mask I wanted (from the store), and added a cheap black wig
and a hat I made years ago. The extras nicely cover up most of the plastic.




For hands I used household rubber gloves. The hypo-allergenic kind were the
perfect color! I stuffed them with paper and drew on some nails and wrinkles.


 


I wrapped a scarf around her neck to hide the last of the plastic.
Then I dressed her in a long sleeved t-shirt and a long black dress.
I stuffed her with old sheets and attached the gloves to the sleeves.
Lastly, I wrapped her in a giant knitted wrap that goes all the way to the floor.




 For now I'm keeping her at home and legless, since I don't know whether I will
seat her or hang her up on the day. But she is already kind of freaking me out :)








Many thanks to Kim at Tabitha Lenox for hosting this fun challenge!




 



33 kommentarer:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is FABULOUS!!! She looks so real, thanks so much for showing how you made her...and thanks so much for joining the Party! xo

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I hope people will feel the same on Halloween.

      Radera
  2. She is awesome...great work!
    In answer to your question. I don't live in a park but my house sits on an an acre and a half of land.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! And that sounds wonderful.

      Radera
  3. Wow! I'm loving your ingenuity. Great idea about building her body . Love it!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, once I had the cardboard pipe it was just screaming to be used :)

      Radera
  4. She does look quite freaky!

    You're so creative - I love this : )

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, every time I walk into the room she's sitting in my heart skips a beat :)

      Radera
  5. she totally freaks me out!
    blessings
    ~*~

    SvaraRadera
  6. lol!
    great job on this!!
    she is bit creepy...but wow, you did awesome work:)
    love her hands!!

    SvaraRadera
  7. She's fantastic! Great idea using the gloves for hands, and yes, they really are the perfect colour! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! The gloves tied the outfit together nicely.

      Radera
  8. Thanks for the tutorial. I have a witch mask that I must now make a body for. I would like to see photo's of your shop.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You totally should, the more Halloween props the merrier!

      Radera
  9. She is Spooky cool!
    Witches are my favorite!
    Thanks so much for the tutorial as well :)

    ~Diane

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks, one cannot have too many witches :)

      Radera
  10. Oh My! She is larger than I at first thought.
    I can imagine forgetting she is sitting in a room, walking in, turning on a light and half having a heart attack!

    SvaraRadera
  11. Good thing she doesn't have any legs, Ms. Misantropia - she can't come after you. Unless she drags her legless body across the floor, I guess. Muahahaha. :o)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Eeeeek! What a nightmare vision you just treated me to...

      Radera
  12. What a great creation! So creative, I love her!

    SvaraRadera
  13. Can I try to make this? I want to try. It won't probably be half as awesomely spooky as yours, but I want to give it a go. You witch maker you!

    Legs? She doesn't need no stinking legs ;-D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Of course you should make one, the more the merrier! And I'm sure yours would be awesome. Now that I've made one I can't figure out why I haven't before, it's pretty simple once you have the materials.

      Radera
  14. Wow...she's fabulous:) I love those gloves for hands.

    SvaraRadera
  15. fabulous is she sitting out side ???? she sure to scary everyone to comes to your door ...

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...