2017-02-13

2016-2017 movie quick hits



I wrote a comment to someone's post the other day, saying that I watch
more movies than any big reader would even have time to read books.
And since I made a new friend who is a film student, this is even more true.
At another time I might feel guilty over my lack of patience
with the written word right now, but well... I just don't :)

And 2017 is an unusual year for me, in that there are so many movies
I'm looking forward to - normal ones and horror movies
- and TV shows! But before I go into all that, here are some quick hits:


 Arrival - Very engaging, but left me kind of enraged.

The Boy - Like previously stated; a rip-off of another movie.

Passengers - Clichéd white people trapped in space, basically.

Before I Wake - Adequate horror, nothing more nothing less.

 Loving - Beautifully acted but very low key, almost slow.

The Girl with all the Gifts - Good but very uneven.

Hacksaw Ridge - Another well acted WWII hero movie.

 Moana - A pleasant surprise, both funny and pretty.

Neon Demon - Slow, stylish, misogynistic confusion.

Suicide Squad - I don't need to tell you, do I..? CRAP.

Sully - The real story is better than the movie adaptation.

Kingsman: The Secret Service - European boy's action dream. Eehh.

Nocturnal Animals - Misleading trailer. Violent and ultimately unsatisfying.

The Purge: Election Year - Turned it off half way through. CRAP.





 




7 kommentarer:

  1. The only 3 on your list that I've seen are "Loving" (good but yes, slooooooooooow), "Moana" (loved it, so fun!) and "Kingsman" (found it offputting).

    SvaraRadera
  2. Varför kände du dig arg efter Arrival? :) Jag tänkte att det var bra för en Hollywood film.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I've only seen Suicide Squad from your list, and like you I was rather disappointed.

    I, as you know, am to books what you are to movies. I might have 10-15 movies last year, but I read over 150 books and reread a couple of dozens. I just love the movies they play in my head. :-)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Wow girl! You are like my brother, with his movies and tv shows! I'm still in the 80's with my movies! LOL!

    SvaraRadera
  5. I've only seen The Boy and I thought it was pretty good until the end and then I was disappointed. I thought "I've see this movie, it was called Housebound (?), it was a New Zealand or Australian movie, and it was so much better."
    There were a couple of movies on your list that I am interested in seeing, but things like The Purge aren't my cup of tea. To me they are excuses for abundant displays of violence. Kind of like how Nymphomaniac was just an excuse for egregious displays of sex and their BDSM stuff was kind of lame.
    I am looking forward to Moana though, it looks really cute!

    SvaraRadera
  6. I've not seen any of the films on your list, and decided to stay away from Suicide Squad. In my current job, I support a few people on cinema outings every weekend so the film choices are not my own. The most recent films were Rogue One, Why Him and Assassins Creed.

    SvaraRadera
  7. I haven't been to a movie in ages - I was thinking I'd like to try Split or A Cure for Wellness. Have you seen either of those?

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...